Opening in June – Yes, you will be able to enjoy indoor skydiving in Basingstoke with Airkix and we are launching three other great simulated activities too – skiing, Brushboarding (surf and never get wet) and Sim Car Racing.
Our new facility is a state of the art leisure complex that’s just perfect for a full day out for individuals and groups - a brilliant way to have fun with friends and family on a special occasion, an entertaining corporate day with colleagues and also the perfect place for enthusiasts to build up more experience.
The great outdoors has never been so accessible indoors and in all weathers so typical of our island.
Please check the tabs below and have a look at what we can offer and thanks for supporting Airkix.
Please Big Up Basingstoke if you can. Every tweet, like and conversation really helps.
17th May 2013 - Taking shape
Things are moving fast now as the external cladding goes on and the inside takes shape, literally before our eyes. The footprint is now clear to see and '4 x the fun' comes to life as the star of the show, the wind tunnel, is joined by the indoor ski ramps (www.skiplex.co.uk) and the space for our BrushBoard and Sim Car Racing. We’re going to switch the fans on at the end of the month.
24th April 2013 - Now taking bookings
As well as building the wind tunnel itself, we've been laying the foundations for our Basingstoke booking system too.
In fact, we've made great progress with it. So much so that you can now book to fly there, any time from 1st July 2013.
12th April 2013 - First Fix
This week has seen the ‘trades’ start inside as walls have been going up and wire is being strung! Dare we hope that we might be flying sometime in June, fingers crossed and plenty of encouragement to the builder Winvic is sure to help.
22nd March 2013 - Not a small building
The steel work is almost complete for Airkix Basingstoke and cladding has begun. Here we can see progress from the main roundabout leading onto the Leisure Park.
15th March 2013 - Looking like a wind tunnel
Progress is now rapid, the full flowpath is in place, the flight chamber awaits you and the cladding has started. We still have more steel at the front of the building to erect (next week) and that’s where we will have our ski slopes, dry surfing simulator and race cars sims.
Great news is that the inside trades also start next week with the first fix electrical work commencing.
18th February 2013 - The Big Lift
Monday 18th was the big day and we didn't disappoint in the sunny weather with the main component parts all being lifted into place in a mere 4 1/2 hours. That means the majority of the airflow is now complete with all the fans in place on the top equipment deck.
1st February 2013 - The Steel Starts
We have commenced the steel erection with the two Return Air Towers now in place and the back of the building also there. All the concrete is poured in the plenum and many of the component parts assembled. Big changes due in the next few days and weeks.
Welcome to 2013
In spite of the holiday layoff and now the snow, progress continues apace in Basingstoke and the RATs (Return Air Towers) are lifted in place with lots of steel erection comes next.
14th December 2012 - Going Up
Whilst some are digging, others are building the RATs (return air towers). They will simply be lifted into place when fully clad and complete.
12th December 2012 - Going Down
The plenum is now at 5 meters just next to the water table at the site. This will soon have a concrete floor and be nicely lined and filled full of turning vanes to give a smoooooth airflow.
26th November 2012 - Meanwhile, the concrete starts
The piles are all down 9 meters and now the capping is almost complete so the steel can start in early December.
Don’t forget that our vouchers, that are valid for 9 months, can also be used here at Basingstoke after we open in Early summer.
23rd November 2012 - Looks official, must be official
We are well and truly on-site and had all the major parts delivered last week in loads of containers.
8th November 2012 - The piles are being driven!
They go down ten meters and will form the 5 meter deep ‘plenum’ under the tunnel where the air races through before pushing up through the flight chamber. Our first containers have also arrived form the USA and are in storage ready to go.
Due to open in ‘Early Summer of 2013’ these are the proposed opening times for Airkix Basingstoke.
For more information please call our reception on 0845 3316549 between 9am and 9pm.
|Monday - Friday||1100 - 1600
2100 - 2300
|1600 - 2100|
|Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holidays||0700 - 2300|
|Monday - Friday||0900 - 1000
2100 - 2300
|1000 - 2100|
|Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holidays||0700 - 2300|
We're easy to get to, however you travel:
View Larger Map
From Junction 6 of the M3 follow signs towards Newbury around the ring road until you reach the Thornycroft Roundabout. Take the first exit into Churchill Way West (B3400) – signposted for The Leisure Park, continue up to and all the way round the next roundabout. Enter the Leisure Park by either of the two entrances.
If you are coming from Junction 7 of the M3, take the A30. Follow signs to Basingstoke town centre and the Leisure Park and enter via either of the two entrances.
If travelling on Worting Road in Basingstoke, the Leisure Park is well signposted from all directions and is only 3 miles from the M3.
Using a GPS?
Our postcode for using a GPS is RG22 6PG otherwise our full address is:
Airkix Indoor Skydiving
Basingstoke Leisure Park
Basingstoke train station is just one mile away from Airkix and the Leisure Park. From here you can jump in a taxi or get on the pink Centre Shuttle bus which runs every 15 minutes and goes from the station to the Leisure Park.
The bus station is just one mile away from Airkix and the Leisure Park. From here you can get on the pink Centre Shuttle bus which runs every 15 minutes straight to the Leisure Park.
The nearest airports are Southampton, just 32 miles away and London Heathrow which is only 38 miles away.
- www.destinationbasingstoke.co.uk: for more information about Basingstoke, other things to do in the area and a comprehensive guide to what’s on.
- www.basingstokeleisurepark.co.uk: for information and links to all of the other attractions on the Leisure Park – from cinema to a living history museum, bowling, skating and water flumes all seconds away from Airkix Basingstoke.
- www.festivalplace.co.uk: Basingstoke is a regional shopping centre with over 200 shops and restaurants open until late, with plenty of parking.
All the fun of surfing without the wet stuff:
- BrushBoarding™ is a unique, fun, interactive board sports fitness attraction.
- For the experienced boarder it’s a great way to keep fit and hone your balance and co-ordination when life sucks and you don’t have time to get wet.
- Carve backside / frontside, 360 / 720, pop shove it, cave man, hand plant etc.
- Turn up the speed, challenge your mates and get creative, tricks are only limited to your imagination. (Well skill might hold you back)
- For the novice and younger riders it's all cool for school. The instructor will take it slowly, show you the basic’s and within minutes you’ll be boarding.
- The more you ride, the fitter you’ll get and you could soon be busting tricks and carving like the BrushBoarding pro teams.
- Event team Pro Riders wanted!!!!
No need to bring a wetsuit!
Sim Car Racing
You won't want to leave Airkix Basingstoke without experiencing the thrill of Simulated Car Racing:
- 250 motion updates per second - you experience every detail of the vehicle suspension and track.
- Choose your racetrack, choose your car, choose to race your mates or simply the clock - it's up to you.
- World famous race circuits recreated to the exact millimetre. Race cars built from manufacturer’s data.
You won't believe how real it feels!
Next to Airkix you'll find Skiplex, the UK's newest skiing experience.
- a fun ski or snowboard experience
- a perfect way to learn
- a real challenge for experts
- an easy refresher for "veterans"
- friendly tuition and all gear provided
Who loves Skiplex?
Everyone. That's because we literally "move the mountain" to give you exactly the slope you need without the hassle of lifts and crowds. That's why our skiers progress up to 8 times as fast as on a normal slope!
It's also why you get more with Skiplex; more fun, more time, more experience.
And it's backed up with all the equipment you need, friendly instructors and free parking.
Skiplex: We move the mountain.
Visit Skiplex.co.uk or call 0118 997 7790.